Translate

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Birthday party 12.08.18

            No it isn’t my birthday, and if it was I would not tell you. My favorite granddaughter is having a birthday party, today Saturday. She will be 12 years old on the 13th. Yes she is my favorite granddaughter and she is my only granddaughter.
            The present I ordered for her is supposed to be delivered here to our house by the US mail people. I know the package is at the Hewitt post office this morning at least that is what the tracking shows, so we hope it arrives prior to lunch, as Gabi’s party starts at lunch and if I have to wait here for a delivery I might miss out on the Pizza.
            I have just had a revelation! I know at least one of you have no idea what that word means, so I will reveal the meaning. I also know at least one off you did not get that play on words, revelation and reveal.  Why do I even try to educate, or at least inform the reading public?
            My favorite granddaughter’s birthday is December 13th. Next year she will be 13 years old, that makes her a teenager, but the best part of this is…       Did you already guess it?
         December 13th, 2019 will be on Friday the 13th. WOW!
            I have a photo that was taken yesterday by David (our youngest son). The photo is of the grandparents and the grandkids in front of a Christmas tree. We had a neighbor who is a real photographer take some photos that she will doctor up a bit, and then email them to us. Sorry you can’t see much of the tree in this photo.

In the photo below you can see more of the tree, click to enjoy.

These photos are taken by a non-paid professional member of the Ford Family.
            The weather prognosticators were saying we would have rain for a couple days ending about noonish Saturday. They had predicted from 2 to 5 inches rain, we only received 3 inches here at the Ford Homestead. Today is Saturday and it hasn’t stopped raining yet.
            Let us jump back into the past for a moment. If you can’t jump just, sit there and imagine that you have jumped. In a past well written article of mine, I had noted that I had problems installing a Wi-Fi range extender. Actually I did not install it and put it back into the box.
            Yesterday, I was having problems with my printer, again, so I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. This time I followed the destructions. I am not good at reading, understanding and following written destructions, but I did take the time to do so yesterday. My printer now works as it is supposed to, I can even print from my cell phone. That made me so happy so I decided to attempt to install said Wi-Fi extender.
            I now have the range extender installed, and it seems to be working. You are correct, I could probably do anything if only I could understand the destructions
            Oh, just in case you are wondering, our gift for the Gabi has arrived at the Homestead. While I was sitting here I decided to check and see if it were out for delivery and the tracking showed that it was delivered. I checked the front porch but nothing to see. I then decided to check the mail box and the small carton was pushed all the way to the back.
We are now ready to go to the party and I should not miss out on the pizza!
Don’t drool over the photo of the pizza!
Pizza connoisseur extraordinaire; Don Ford   

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: