Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Last week of the year 12.29.18

            I do expect to miss date many of my postings this coming year. Heck, I still want to date things as 19XX and not 20XX.

            I just remembered all the crazy things that were thought to possibly happen when the date changed to 2000. If memory serves, they were afraid that many software programs would fail as they were not built to handle dates past1999.

            I even bought into it somewhat, as they were saying that some electrical companies might fail due to program problems. I bought a power generator just in case. I did use it a couple times when a storm knocked out the power. Heck, I even loaned it to neighbors so they could keep their freezers and refrigerators cold or frozen.

            On that subject, a person might be smart and purchase a 2000 to 4000 watt power inverter for those type power outages. One can connect the inverter to their car battery and with the motor running supply power to the refrigerator or freezer. You can’t power the house with one but you could keep the food from spoiling.          

            On the same subject, one should never let their vehicle gas tank get below half full. During power outages gas stations can’t pump gas without electric. Banks can’t operate without electric either, so you can’t get any money in a power outage. Why would you need money in a power outage, all the store use electric and the cash registers don’t work without electric? Even if the store was open the cashier probably couldn’t make change due to the level of education.

            How the heck did I get on this subject?        

            Let’s talk echo dot. There is a video on the so-called news where a boy who appeared to be 5 years old was setting at the table doing math. The boy asks Alexa, what is 5 minus 3, and Alexa said 2. I know our kids are into all these computers and such, and I don’t doubt that kids do use these devices to do homework. I also wonder if the parents may have set this up so they could get some publicity.

            The temperature now is 36 degrees, and we are told it will only get up to 44 degrees as a high today. That sounds like winter to me!

            My spouse of almost 50 years is having her open house this afternoon. She makes a bunch of food and invites her friends to attend. There is a lot of eating and talking that goes on, but no gossiping.

 

Food and conversation, what could be better?

 

Freezing my back side off; Don Ford 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: