Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Jasmine, a bunch of vines 12.13.18

            My spouse of nearly 5 decades, allowed me to attempt to remove the leaves from the jasmine. Now for that one person who has never had to work with these vines, they are a tangled mess. You will learn just how tangled they are when you attempt to get dead leaves out of them.
            I have a leaf vacuum and I thought I would use it to suck the leaves out of the vines. It worked fairly well but not as well as I would have liked. I went to the back 40 and retrieved a small rake. By small it has about a 6 inch head. I, through some trial and error attempts, learned that one could take the rake and gently pull it across the top of the plants removing all the top leaves. Once they were in a pile then I could work at getting some of the more difficult, imbedded leaves using the small rake. When all were piled up I could use the vacuum to suck them up.
            I am tired of working and the weather tomorrow is supposed to be less than nice. They have stated that we may have winds from 30 mph gusting into the 40s. They have also suggested that we may get some rain along with the possibility of some winter precept. That means, rain with the possibility of some snow mixed in, no accumulation. 
            I was able to get one side of the jasmine fairly clear, with the other side still to do. Employed people work from sun to sun, but a retired persons work, is never done! 
            Gabi’s birthday is today, Happy Birthday Gabi!  Yes the party was this past Saturday.
            Gabi has an art project so we took four photos of the Charlie today, front, left side, back, right side. Evidently they are doing some sculpturing in the art class, and they need the photos to provide them a vision of what to create as a sculpture.  
                                                            

            There is some Holiday coming and I can’t remember what it is. As I sat here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, my ole camera automatically took a photo. I can’t imagine why the camera automatically took the photo, maybe there is a clue as to the coming holiday. You may click on the photo to enhance your enjoyment of this senior citizen.
                                               
 
            Yes I would like to have a new computer. One that I could use in the Ford’s ole recliner. This old computer has a battery that will last about an hour, so taking it to the ole recliner is possible, but I do not work fast and the battery goes dead before I finish my writing. Nope I am not asking for a new computer as a gift, thanks anyway.
            For that one person that has not picked up on the hint, it is the lamp. There is a TV movie that I watch each year which kind of reminds me of my childhood (back in the olden days), The Christmas Story. Now do you get the subtle hint?
            I have some rope lights that are solar charged and two of them are on my tall radio tower. The top rope light has been up there for more than six months, the lower light has been up a week. I was lucky that my cell phone would capture a photo of the lights, they blink.
  Why are the lights there? So people see them and ask why. Silly grandpa says, “I like being silly, and I believe if you can’t have fun, don’t do it!
If you can’t have fun, don’t do it!

Silly senior grandpa: Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: