Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Tired of fighting 02/11/2021

            Hopefully, we are all fighting against the virus, and winning, or at least breaking even. Speaking of the virus, the McLennan county people called us yesterday, and we now have appointments to get our first shots. We had gotten on the wait list several weeks ago, and we kind of thought that they would never call.

            I received the call yesterday, and after getting myself scheduled, I told the fellow that my favorite wife had also received a notice to schedule for an appointment. He said ok and then he scheduled her, 10 minutes after me. We get the first shot Friday, if the weather doesn't stop us.

            It is cold this morning, actually it is below freezing this morning. There is rain in the area, but at this time not here in Hewitt (7:50). The Midway schools are starting 2 hours late, I have the grand kids here, and will attempt to drop them at their schools, later this morning. 

            The Ford's ole Chevy was covered with ice, so I let it run for a while and some of the ice is now gone. I guess I will start it again before we leave to warm it up for this ole senior person's body.

            Now back to the tired of fighting:

            I can assume you have already decided that the title line is referencing me and my first wife. Now I would not say that we are tired of fighting, as long as we are fighting each other. In truth, the fighting reference was not to expose numerous chases through the Ford Homestead, it was more for the ceasing of that type event. I will hopefully add a photo of the two opponents having made peace, and in a more positive relationship.  

            Bad topic!  My favorite spouse and I went to town yesterday, we were able to get most of the items we needed. I had explained to my present spouse that I needed some new jeans. Now you should understand, I do not usually shop for clothing, that has been something my spouse of more than half a century has done for me. She has better taste than I do.

            Since I was with her, I was able to see the price tag for a pair of jeans! The price is crazy! They are likely made in some foreign country at a cost of $2.00, then brought here and they charge an arm and a leg. There is no way the ole retired people can afford new clothes. Now I know why ole people dress in clothes that they bought at the charity store; the price of new clothes is just too much. If the choice is food or new clothes, food wins ever time!

 


                                              

            As we see in the above photo, Tres and Charlie had gotten tired of chasing each other through the Homestead, and decided to call for a truce. It was nap time. They are participating in my favorite sport, Nap time! 😊

 

May the ice miss you!

 

Senior person scheduled for a stab in my arm, Don the Ford

           

No comments: