Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Nope not yet 02/18/2021

            Nope not yet means, we are not allowed to venture forth from the Fords homestead. We do have a list of things we will attempt to purchase if and when we get to leave the prison, I mean home. Now that I think about it, the stores when open, probably have little or no merchandise due to the possibility of few or no deliveries. We still have some peanut butter so I guess we will not starve.

            I need to get out to the hot house and water the flowers. The hose is frozen, so I can’t use it, I guess this ole person will be able to carry several buckets of water out to the house. Reaching the flowers in the back of the house will not be easy.

            Weather permitting, I will later in the day when the temp has warmed up to almost 32 degrees, I will again attempt to clear the ice from the walk. I had earlier cleared the snow but the last ice storm left a nice ice sheet. Tres was sliding around on it this morning when he went out to get the paper. No, he did not get a paper as we have not had a paper delivery this week. As you may also know, if you have read previous posts, we have not had a delivery from the Postal people either.

            We know the streets are still slick, Dave and his family came over here for baths last night, (their power was off) and even though they were driving cautiously, they still slid on the streets. If you do get out and drive, go slow and be careful.

            There were a couple kids sliding down the street in front of our home, using a kayak. I guess they did not have a sled.

 

Virus or weather, which is worse?

 

Senior soon to be flower water person, hopefully, Don the Ford 

 

No comments: