Translate

Monday, February 15, 2021

Snow came 02/15/2021

            We are once again forced to stay confined in the Fords Homestead. There is ice on the roads from yesterday and snow that came late yesterday afternoon and last night, not good.

            We have no Wi-Fi which means no TV and no internet. What, no emails, really! My cell phone is not working, I can turn it on but can’t make a call or send a text. The house phone is not working since it is from the same provider as the internet. We are forced to sit here and communicate with each other. Wow, I didn’t even know we could do that.

            Basically, we can not communicate with anyone outside of our house. Can’t make an emergency call, that is not good.

            We have a frozen water pipe. Yep, I went to get some water from the kitchen sink and no cold water. We do have hot water. The cold water is attached to the faucet out back. I had the outside faucet covered but evidently it was not covered that good. I have had the doors to the cabinet under the sink open but I guess that was not good enough, I now have a portable heater blowing hot air under the sink.

            News, the cold water is once again working in the sink, now if we can get the pipes warm enough that the outside faucet gets unfrozen.

            It is 10:15 am and our Wi-Fi came back on, so the house phone now works, and I guess the computer can send and receive emails. I just looked outside and the sun is shining, there is one set of tracks on the street and it was our neighbor who is a doctor. He has a 4-wheel drive pickup and I guess he was heading for work.

            I have a couple photos of the snow. I have swept the snow away from the front and back doors and moved some from the garage door.  

 





                                  

            The above two photos were taken from the Ford’s ole garage, you can see the snow fall. It is a warm 8 degrees outside so I doubt any snow will melt.

            My phone still isn’t working I need to call the vendor and ask why.

Stay home stay safe, please!

Senior retired person who hopes the outside faucets do not burst, Don the Ford

No comments: