Translate

Friday, February 19, 2021

Work and get tired 02/19/2021

            With nothing else to do yesterday, I decided to take my ole senior body outside to attempt to water the flowers in the hot house. First the door to the hot house was frozen shut, I chipped some ice and got the door open. The flowers looked very bad. I normally water the flowers on Thursdays, and last Thursday we were having bad weather, so I did not water that day. I could not use the hose yesterday as it was not only frozen, it was laying under the snow and ice. Yes, I left the hose laying in the yard before the storm came.

            I carried three buckets of water out to the hot house and gave the flowers water. With the heat lamp on even in this very cold weather the temp was 50 degrees inside.

            I did have some rubber boots to keep the ole feet dry. The boots were used in the past when I would get caught in a rain while riding the motorcycle.

            I also cleared the ice off the side walk, but there is now a foot of snow and ice at the curb where I pushed all the ice. If you could get to the walk, it seems safe to walk on.

            I also cleared more ice from the area around the ole pickup, I think we could get into the truck now without walking on ice. No, we aren’t going anywhere, I just needed something to do to keep me from going completely nuts.

            What? Yes, I am tired. Ole people get tired when they work! 

 

            Political comment:

            Politicians should become leaders!

            Leaders should do the job for the good of all citizens!

            Leaders should forget their political affiliation when doing their job!

           

            The grand kids will be here today as school is out. Dave and Claire are both going to work today. If it gets to the high 30s maybe even 40 today, that should help get rid of some ice and snow.

            It was the virus, then no electric, now no water, soon it will be the virus again.

                        Yes, we have water but many don’t.

 

Be nice to someone today!

Senior ole person who would like to get out of the house, Don the Ford

No comments: