Translate

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Ice on the grass 02/14/2021

            Yesterday morning I decided to feed the birds, since it is excessively cold. I normally take food out to them every other day, but with this cold weather I assume they will need the extra food. I don’t know where they are getting their water, since most everything is frozen.

            As I walked across the grass, it is obvious that the grass has ice frozen to each blade. With the ice on the grass, when the coming snow fall occurs, the snow will not melt due to the ice. Wow, slick roads and the snow will hang around for a while. The snow will obviously help keep the temperature down.

            During my venture out to the shed the temp yesterday morning was a mild 23 degrees, that temp was so cold it is difficult to imagine the coming temp of 5 degrees!

            I need to go back out in the cold shed and see if I can find an ole tarp. I would like to have something over my windshield of the Ford’s ole Chevy before this next ice and snow arrives.

            Today is Sunday; When the Tres and I went out to get the newspaper I was careful due to possible ice. Yesterday I took a scraper and a broom out to the front walk, and cleaned the ice off. It was safe to walk on but I assumed it could freeze over during the night. Well, I was correct. There is a very light drizzle falling, it is so light I could not see it when looking out the window, but when I walked outside, I could feel it on my face.

            The side walk looked clear but it was slick, I guess it is like black ice. You can’t see the ice, but you can slip and slide on it. I have been walking in the Jasmin to avoid the sidewalk, and even though it isn’t slick, I may be doing harm to the plants as they are frozen, and they sound as if the are breaking at each step.

            Wow, we get to do winter this year like our friends up north due!

            Today is, “Flowers for the love of your life day”. I have a photo of the flowers that someone sent to my favorite wife.


                                               

Stay home stay warm!

Senior retired person with another reason to stay home, Don the Ford

No comments: