Translate

Friday, February 5, 2021

Mom’s Bible 02/05/2021

            As you the reading public may know, I do read the bible daily. I have an ole bible that was my Mother's bible, which she received as a gift January 13th, 1973. Boy if Mom heard me call her Mother, she would assume I had done something wrong, I always called her, "Mom". This bible went to my sister Wilda when Mom passed, and now I have it.

            I was looking through my Mom's old Bible and reading some of the passages that she had marked. It seems that she would identify passages that she was interested in or that meant something to her. On one of the back pages Mom had written, "This book will keep you from sin, and sin will keep you from this book". I don't know it that statement was an original statement from Mom, or if she had heard it somewhere. Either way, it is a true statement.

 

            Topic change; as I sit here entering these motivating words, for you the reading public, and you all know I am motivated (I did not say I was motivating, they are two different things) I happened to look up at the security screens, it is raining.

            Actually, we can use the rain even though, I did water the blackberries yesterday, and I watered the flowers in the hot house. When I opened the door to the hot house, the thermometer inside the hot house was indicating 100 degrees, and it only cooled down to 92 while I was inside watering the flowers.

            I did turn the sprinkler system on yesterday, just to check that all the sprinklers were working. I set the system to manual, and for each group of sprinklers to run one minute. Then I walked out onto the street and observed as each group came on and went off. Happy to report that all the sprinklers were working. The wind was blowing and the water went flying all over.

            While I was outside yesterday, I noticed that I have a bunch of rose bushes and shrubs that need to be trimmed. Since we are predicted to have a day time temp later next week down to 25 degrees, I will wait until the bad freeze is over, to do the trimming.

            Today is Friday, our grand kids went back to school today, they had been quarantined due to their mother having a mild case of the virus. Claire went back to work yesterday; she is ok now! 😊

            Donna and I do not have any thing special planned for today. We may go to the dollar store; we can usually afford a couple items that cost a dollar. I have eight quarters, so I can get two items. 😊

 

Be kind to others, wear a mask!

Senior soon to again be a yard worker, spring is coming, Don the Ford

No comments: