Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Neighbors, what can I say 02/10/2021?

            Good morning from the Ford Homestead. It is cold today and it is going to get colder. We are looking at some days next week where the high temperature may be in the 20s.

            Yesterday, a neighbor called and offered me a chance to get out of the house for a while, he was going to the Harbor store. I accepted his offer and got out of the house for a while.

            Another neighbor called and said they were going to bring us some food. They did not say what they would bring, just that it was coming. About 5:30 the doorbell rang and our neighbor Darrel was there with food, we think his wife Cindy sent him. This kindness from good friends and neighbors brought tears to our eyes. We said thank you several times.

            The food was very good! My favorite wife did not need to stand there telling me what to do, while I was trying to cook, it was ready to eat. Donna and I sat down and enjoyed the food, I went back for seconds! We waited about an hour before we had dessert, it was a coconut pie. 😊  My plan is to have more pie today, this time with Ice cream! We have the best neighbors!

            In truth, I hope that Donna and I can be as good to our neighbors as they are to us!

                                   

            Topic change; I picked the grand kids up from school yesterday as usual. I showed Alex how to make a sound like a dove. It took him several tries but he did make the sound. He said he wants to get good at it and then show his friends how to do it.

             Subject change; My favorite spouse and I plan to run into town, no not run, but we plan to drive into town today. There are a few things we need and it gets us out of the homestead. We always comment on those people who have no mask, or who do not ware them properly. We on the other hand, do where them properly! Judge not lest you be judged! Oh my, have we been doing that?

            Shifting focus; I will be so happy when this cold Yankee weather goes away and allows me to get out in the yard and do some work. Heck, just getting out into the yard has a positive influence on one's attitude. Wow, work helps one's attitude! Who Knew?

 

Love your neighbor as yourself!

 

Senior retired person who is very happy to have great neighbors, Don the Ford          

 

           

No comments: