Translate

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Tired from too much work 02/02/2021

            This ole senior retired person's body is tired. After working I have sat here in my office chair with my Homedics back massager. The lower part of the massager also heats up which helps, the portion of the upper back and neck don't heat.

            Why did I need the back massage? Allow me to inform that one person who always asks questions! I moved the rest of the Christmas decorations out to the shed? OK, that statement is not totally true, I will explain later.

            First, I went to the shed and brought empty cartons and empty totes to the garage. I then attempted to find the right container for each particular item. My favorite wife came out and told me which tree went into which container. It would seem as if this should be easy work, it isn't.

            For a break in my work, my favorite wife allowed me to participate in getting our supper started. She had decided that we would have bacon soup for supper. Now bacon soup is basically a vegetable soup, with bacon added for flavor. This was the first time that I was allowed to participate in the process. I was allowed to peal the potatoes and cut them up, peal and cut the onion and celery. Donna had already put the other vegetables (peas, corn and tomato's) in the pot. She said, "add the salt and pepper". I asked, "how much", to which she replied, "until it tastes right". I was allowed to season the soup!  I made it taste great! 😊

            Back at packing the decorations, I worked for a couple hours, packing and preparing. Finally, I moved items to the shed, thinking I was finished for the day. Too much work for a senior person! 

            When I had finished moving the decorations to the shed, I then had cartons left over, which I cut them up and put them in the recycle bin. I was down to the last carton, and I decided to save it, as I might need it later. I pulled the van into the garage. I got out and walked around the inside of the garage, I now have room to walk with out tripping over a decoration. As I was enjoying the open areas that I had created, I noticed that I had not taken all the decorations to the shed. There were three strings of lights hanging on the pipe where we hang odd items. I will use the carton that I saved and put the lights in that carton and move them to the shed when my ole body allows it.  Photo to follow, how did I miss them?




                                                           

            Topic change; today is ground hog day. The groundhog up north will not see his shadow today so spring is coming soon. Here in Texas, he will see his shadow, so we will get 6 more weeks of bad weather, even though it is supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow! Note: our bad weather usually goes north, so you all up north watch out! 

 

Work and rest, both good for you!

Senior retired decoration mover and stacker, Don the Ford

No comments: