Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2020

First time for everything 10/31/2020

            my ears still ring, chug a lug chug a lug. Wait a minute, that is an old song from the olden days. My first time for everything is different. It was the first time that I was asked to write a letter to recommend someone for an award. This person was a fellow who we (the supervisors and I) hired more than 40 years ago. He now works for a nationally known trucking company, and the local division of the company has put this person up for a national award.

            It was the first time I have ever recommended anyone for an award. I hope he gets it. This fellow has done a couple commercials for the company, I think that helps him with the award.

 

            Today is Saturday and my normal Saturday black and white TV shows are not on. Normally they have an old cowboy show, then some odd short presentations, then a Tarzan or other type jungle movie. Today they have ole, so called, scary shows on because of Halloween. I am almost as tired of hearing about trick or treating, as I am of hearing about politics.

 

            Changing the topic; I have turned back a couple of my clocks in prep for the time change. It is Fall so we fall back. I need to change the clock by my bed, then I am done. My favorite wife will change all the other clocks as they are under her supervision. Now that I think of it, I may be forced, I mean allowed, to change the time on the stove.

            I went to the Fords ole kitchen to get a cup of coffee, but I decided on a cup of hot chocolate instead. Having a one cup dispensing machine makes it easy to change one’s mind.

 

            I was a biker yesterday. Yep, I got on the Ford’s ole, kind of new bicycle, and went for a ride. I have been told that there are some neat Halloween decorations a few blocks away, so I might go for another ride today just for the fun of it.

 

Have a safe Halloween, stay home, turn off your lights, don’t answer the door, and you will get to eat all the candy!

 

No treats, all tricks!

 

Senior, non-treater and big tricker, Don the Ford  

No comments: