Translate

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Fiction or real 10/29/2020

            I know I say I don’t like the TV news, and I don’t. Yesterday morning something caught my eye, or caught my ear, which ever, it got my attention. The news was stating that a paralyzed person can now communicate with a computer, even though he can’t physically touch the computer. The report stated, this person has sent email by using his thought process. They said that a wire was placed inside a blood vain in the person’s head, and some how the information from his head gets sent wirelessly, to the computer.

            A couple years ago I wrote a short story in which, a scientist was attempting to communicate with a computer without touching the computer. In other words, mentally communicate with a computer. Wow, can my fictional journalistic endeavor be a prediction of the future!

            Oh my, mentally communicating with a computer was just the beginning of my fictional journalistic endeavor. What if the rest of my short story turns out to be, Non-fictional? Wow, could all that I written about, have happened? This senior person has nothing to do, so I sit around and compose fiction, or is it truth!

            Topic change; lets get happy with a photo of me and my hat. It is a Stetson but not a cowboy hat. Yesterday our area had the second coldest high temp ever, it was 42 as a high. Yes, I do wear a warm hat when I go outside. It is a cold 45 degrees today, but the sun has started to shine.


 
           Tres and I waited until late afternoon yesterday, to go for a walk. There was a stiff breeze and part way through the walk, I wished I had my ear muffs on. When it is 40 degrees and the wind is unrelenting, I have two sweat shirts on with a wind breaker jacket. That keeps the upper body warm, the hat and ear muffs work, to keep the cold dry air out of my eyes, I have a pair of safety classes. Those safety glasses more or less wrap around one’s eyes to keep the cold air out. 

Wash your hands, wear the mask, stay away!

Senior author of one-time fiction, now factual data, Don the Ford        

No comments: