Translate

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

He works like a 10/28/2020

            I remember a fellow who retired from my past employer telling me, “When you retire you work harder than when you were employed.” I thought to myself, nope, I do not believe that!

            Guess what, I now understand that statement, and I believe it. The key here is understanding.

            First think about the work you did at the employer.

            Now compare the work you do around the homestead.

Are you thinking, or just reading? Try to consider both points, I will give you 60 seconds.

                            1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Stop tapping your finger, try to think!          Oh, now you are picking your nose!

Why do I even try?

            I will write my thesis and just forget about your inattention. When employed, many people do not have any work that requires physical abilities. Some may sit at a desk, some my drive a forklift, some are doctors, some clean up after others, most of those positions require little or no physical effort.

            When one retires, they do things like, dig in the flower beds, get on their hands and knees pulling weeds, get on the floor under the kitchen sink and repair a leak, push a lawn mower around the yard. That type work requires a lot of effort on the senior retired person. So, what my friend had told me was true, when you retire you work harder than when you were employed. He didn’t say you work more, he didn’t say you work longer, he was saying, the work you do as a retired senior person, is more physically demanding than the work of real people.

            Wouldn’t you know it, real people have it good, while us ole senior retired people have all the heavy, hard, demanding work.

            Subject change; Amazon is building a new distribution center in Waco. They say they will employ around 1,000 people. To that I say to all the employers in the area, your management team better treat your present employees with respect! You better have good benefits! Your pay better be close to what they are offering ($15.00 per hour)!

            Employers: Hourly staff are not the only people you will lose; supervisors and managers will also be considering a new position! If you do not take this as a warning, you will be looking for employees, and the only candidates will be those that no one wants to hire. You have almost a year to get ready, start now!   

Retire not, and work easy!

Senior advice giver, and hard-working retired person, Don the Ford

No comments: