Translate

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Death must be near 10/10/2020

            Wow, if you read the title line you must have some questions. I, will later explain the title line, but first allow me to enlighten you as to a different subject. My favorite wife went to lunch with some of her friends Thursday, and as she later reported to me, they had a fun time. She noted that they talked about everything, and everyone, (she didn’t say everyone, but I believe they talked about everyone). My wife of more than half a century said they laughed so much that people around them were looking at them.

            Why have I provided the above info? I want to let you know that getting together safely with a few friends, and having a good time with a lot of laughing helps improve one’s attitude. Even a phone call with some light conversation is helpful. 

            My first wife and I have sat outside on the Ford’s ole new driveway the last couple afternoons, and talked. Having someone to talk with is much better than sitting there alone listening to the radio.

            Now for a happy change of topics; death must be near is the title line, and now I will try to educate. As senior retired people get older, the fact that there is an end of life, and it is inevitable for everyone and everything, death becomes even more obvious. There are many signs such as health problems, or just the fact that there is an average age when men or women often die.

            Yesterday, as I sat outside trying to enjoy a cup of real coffee, there was a sign that death was near. It can be scary to know you are that close to death, it is good to know that one can prepare for the inevitable. Even though one has prepared, knowing that death is that close can still send chills through your body.

            Have you ever wondered what the last few minutes will feel like, or what is going through your mind as death happens? Well I can’t tell you what will go through your mind, that is between you and the life you have lived.

            One might ask, how did I know death was near, it was something that I saw that brough this subject to mind? As I sat there with a cup of coffee in hand, across the street I saw a sign of death, let me provide you with a photo, it will explain that death was near.


                                   

            Any time you see buzzards flying overhead, and especially when they are on the ground, one knows death is near. I think they may have been after a dead squirrel.

 

            Well I guess that is all for today, keep your eyes open and your imagination active, you will see many interesting things.

 

Laugh and enjoy every chance you have!

 

Senior imagination enlightener, and still silly grandpa, Don the Ford 

No comments: