Translate

Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday again 10/16/2020

            I had driven into the Big City yesterday. Now, before that one person asks, the Big City in this case was, Waco Texas. Why had I ventured into the City, I needed a bottle! Actually, I keep a spare bottle in the garage, but it is for emergencies.

            Now, I provided the above info so you would know why I was in the Ford’s ole chevy. Returning to the little city, before you ask, the little city is Hewitt Texas, I was stopped at a traffic light, about third vehicle back, and I had my window rolled down. I had the oldies playing on the radio, when I heard a siren. I looked around and I saw an ambulance approach the intersection and it came to a complete stop before proceeding carefully through the intersection. 

            If you had ever driven an emergency vehicle, responding to an emergency (in my case the emergency vehicle was a fire truck), you would have turned on all the flashing and strobe lights along with the siren. Now the siren makes a lot of noise but in truth, vehicles with the windows rolled up and the radio on, may not hear the siren. We also had the air horn. The air horn when activated, sounds like a big ole semi-truck approaching, and people pay attention to the air horn.

            We were trained to assume the public did not know we were approaching, so we were extra careful. As I look back on this, it was somewhat like riding a motorcycle. When riding a bike, we assumed all vehicles did not see us, and the vehicle was going to pull out in front of us, and they often did.

            Well, that is enough of that topic, let us convert to a different subject. The other day my past employer had an auction sale for employees, I guess retirees were not invited to the sale, I did not get an invite.

            My son who works there had purchased an item which was too large for his vehicle, called me, and asked if I would haul it home for him. When I arrived, I put a face mask on before leaving my vehicle. I can’t say how many people were there but I guess around 40 people. I was surprised that most of the people were not wearing masks, and they were close together.

            The scary part for me is, one of them could have the virus and pass it on to others, and even though I was not there for the sale I could end up with the virus.                           

 

            Well that is it for now, I hope you have a fun weekend.

 

Be safe, wear the mask, stay apart!

 

Senior independent, who is tired of political crap, Don the Ford

No comments: