Translate

Monday, October 26, 2020

Thoughts in my 10/26/2020

            The title line is not complete, allow me to provide the complete title. “Thoughts in my mind”, is the complete title, but what does it mean? I have a tendency to repeat the same thought in my mind, not verbally, just in my thoughts, of what ever task I am performing. Example, when I go to the front yard to remove acorns, I start out thinking, “If you can see the acorn, get the acorn”. That simply means, get the acorns that are on top the grass, and don’t try to find all those that are under the grass.

            I have a tendency to repeat that statement in my head many times, as I am looking for the acorns. Is that unusual? Do others do that? Am I just super focused? I am going with, super focused!          It could be a part of being a, “Silly grandpa”, I can live with that!

            Now when I am removing those acorns, I do it using either the ole senior person picker-upper, you know, one of those long-handled devices where you squeeze the handle on one end, and it clamps on the item on the other end, or I can use the pecan picker-upper. I do not get down on my hands and knees to get the acorns!

            Wait a minute!            What?              I think I was on my hands and knees yesterday trying to remove the afore mentioned acorns.

            At each end of the Fords ole porch, we have stepping stones, allowing us to leave the porch without having to use the Fords ole new side walk. The areas where the stepping stones are located, get covered with the acorns that fall from the trees onto the Ford’s ole roof, and then land in these areas.

            I had decided to clean out a bunch of these acorns. There were too many for the ole person picker-upper. Then I tried the pecan roller, it did not work. I found that I could use an ole broom to move some of the acorns, but the jasmine vines hindered using the broom. I tried to remove the vines while setting on a stool, that did not work. Finally, I was on my hands and knees cutting the vines, and picking up hands full of acorns.

            It only took about 1.5 hours of being on my hands and knees to get both areas mostly cleared. When I got up, I found that the ole muscles in my back and side were again hurting. Too much time on the ground for a senior person.  

            My favorite wife came outside, and I ask my favorite wife what she thought about my work. She looked and asked, what was you doing? With my feelings hurt, tears streaming from my eyes, I began to put the tools away.

 

Pat yourself on the back!

Senior grounds keeper, and tired of political ads, Don the Ford

No comments: