Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2020

A steamy morning 10/08/2020

            It seemed like a normal morning here in Hewitt Texas, the Tres and I had completed our morning walk, and I had procured a cup of real coffee. I was able to drag this ole senior body out to the Ford’s ole rocker, on the Ford’s ole new driveway. It took several tries, but I was able to get my ole senior body into the Ford’s ole rocker.

            As I sat there, coffee cup in hand, I noticed an odd thing occurring. There was a little steam coming off the coffee cup. Could it be that cool in Hewitt Texas? Does this coffee know, we are supposed to have a record high this Sunday of 97, the record I believe is 94?

            Let us change the subject. During our walk this morning, this ole senior retired person found something. We had walked a couple blocks when I observed a round object laying on the black top. Now this object was a dark color, so it was difficult to see, but my keen eyes had focused on it. It was a penny! I carefully picked it up, and examined it. It was heads up, and everyone knows what finding a heads-up penny means! Wow, the rest of my walk was filled with wonder! What could this lucky penny mean?

            I had enlightened my favorite wife to the fact that I had found a lucky penny, assuming she would be happy for me. She said, I found a heads-up penny a couple days ago. All the excitement left me, as my favorite wife did not share my enthusiasm about my heads-up penny.

            Heck, I might as well give up on being happy, maybe I will take a nap and reflect on what that heads-up penny could have provided.

            Subject change; I often find some clouds interesting. I have a photo of a couple clouds, the first reminded me of, “A rack of ribs”. I may have been hungry when I took the photo, would you believe, us ole senior retired people, only get one meal a day here at the Homestead, and sometimes it is nothing more than some beans and a piece of dried bread. I don’t like the bread when there is mole on it! Photo to follow.


                                                           

            I have another cloud photo which I found interesting. As I looked at the photo, I could see something that looked a little like the face of a dog, can you see it? Photo to follow


                                                           

 

            Well, I guess I had better go, maybe I can find something interesting to do.

 

May your imagination be active!

 

Senior retired person with a vivid imagination, Don the Ford

No comments: