Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Journalist 10/13/2020

            After seeing a couple local news people on TV say that they were journalists, I looked up the definition of journalist. One of the definitions of a journalist was, a person who keeps a journal. I consider my blog as a journal, so I am a journalist. Wow, who knew! Ole senior people can be like real people!

            New subject from this journalist; I raked up a bunch of acorns yesterday. The cool front had come through, and there was a cool breeze helping this ole senior retired person to work without sweating excessively. Several 5-gallon buckets of yard clipping and acorns were carried to the trash container.

            It is cool again today, and I plan to rake more acorns after the grass dries. The sprinklers ran today, so the grass and yard are damp.

            The bug guy is supposed to be here this morning, and after he comes, I plan to attempt to go purchase a new battery for the Ford’s ole Chevy. 

 

            Odd occurrence this morning; as the Tres and I walked in the cool morning air, we were approaching an intersection, possibly 100 feet away. There was a vehicle that had pulled up to the intersection and stopped. Tres thought to himself, why don’t that vehicle go across the intersection. We continued walking and the vehicle set still, we got closer and the vehicle waited on us. Wow, that is giving the pedestrian a lot of room to walk. The lady and her child may have just wanted to see the handsome dog Tres, walk in front of her vehicle. We smiled and waved as we walked in front of the vehicle.

            A political comment; on our block there are 4 signs or flags for Trump and there are two for Biden. I wonder who the other home owners might be for. Early voting starts here today.        

            Have you noticed that I am keeping my postings shorter, not taking as much of your time?

Vote and your opinion counts!

Vote not and you don’t count!

 

Senior journalist and yard raker, Don the Ford

 

 

No comments: