Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Oddly enough 10/07/2020

            Before we get to today's topic, allow me to comment on the votes that we mailed in. We called the county office and requested these absentee ballots, they were not sent to us without our knowledge. The person at the vote registers office asked our names, verified that we were registered, double checked our address and then mailed the absentee ballots to us. These are the same ballots that military personnel can use to vote when they are away. The president uses the absentee ballot to vote.

            Someone asked if they are safe, I believe they are safe, I believe they will be counted. I have senior friends who will only vote in person, and I think that is ok, everyone should be comfortable in voting! We voted this way, believing it is safer for us.

            IT DON'T MATTER HOW YOU VOTE, JUST VOTE! 😊

 

            New topic, oddly enough this happens each year. The Ford Homestead is located near the bottom of a hill. Our street is 4 blocks long, we are in the 400 block. The three and four hundred blocks are the hill, the one and two hundred blocks are flat. Each year in the one and two hundred blocks, the trees turn colors earlier than at the bottom of the hill. Why is there a difference?

            As the Tres and I walked this morning I observed a couple trees that are turning red. One of the trees was an oak tree like those in our yard.

            I need a new rake so I can attempt to remove some of the acorns. I want one that has a plastic head, and we do have one, but it is too large (2 foot wide). The plastic rakes are better at raking acorns, but I want one that is about 12 inches wide. A 12-inch rake is easier for an old person to use.

            I tried to go on line at my past employer, but they have changed the website and I no longer have access. I guess I can go to the local hardware store and pay more for the same item.

 

            Well, that is what's going on at the Ford Homestead.

 

Be happy you are not on the Gulf Coast!

 

 

Senior acorn eradicator, Don the Ford

No comments: