Translate

Thursday, October 15, 2020

I am back 10/15/2020

            You do know I can hear you, don’t you! You read my title line and you thought, “who cares if he is back”!

            It is so hurtful to know, some of you real people, don’t care about us ole senior people. I am going to try to ignore the comment, and continue my journalism endeavors.

            Battery for the Ford’s ole Chevy: I went to the Wall store and they did not have a battery. The fellow called two other Wall stores and they did not have the battery. I went to an Auto store and they had the battery, I asked if he could put it in. He said let’s look at the ole battery, so we went to the truck. He looked at it and said, he could not put it in because he was afraid, he would damage it. Photo of battery to follow.

 


                                                          

            I ended up going to the Chevy dealer. They ask what had happened. I explained that it would not start one time now it is starting ok. He said they would check it, and if needed, they would install a new battery.

            New battery installed; we will not be able to purchase anything to eat for at least a month, due to the cost of the new battery. We do have some can goods, here at the Homestead, and we will try to live on them. As I see it, we will not be able to purchase food for a Thanksgiving dinner. I can’t ask my favorite wife to pickup more aluminum cans, heck she has been working overtime every night collecting these cans!

            When I returned home, I looked at the receipt for the work. They had completed some safety checks, one of the comments noted they found no problem with the battery at that time. No problem, but it was replaced.

            The battery was 5 years old, it needed to be replaced.

            Topic change; my first wife had a colonoscopy yesterday. She was not happy to be having that procedure. On the way to the Doctor’s office, our conversations were not very exciting, except for one topic during the drive, we might get a couple breakfast burritos on the way home after the procedure. My first wife had no solid foods the entire day prior to the procedure, so the burritos sounded good to both of us. We did get the burritos on the way home, and they were good!

 

May your day be filled with good food!

 

Senior journalists and food-addict, Don the Ford

No comments: