Translate

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Saturday, my day of rest 10/17/2020

            Tres and I had missed one day of walking this week, so we decided to walk on Saturday morning. It was very cold outside, a frosty 50 degrees with a very light breeze. The walk away from the Homestead was uneventful, but the walk back toward the homestead had one situation pop up.

            As Tres and I walked, there was a female subject that we observed step out from between a couple cars in a driveway. She then disappeared between the vehicles, and we heard a vehicle door slam.

            In the driveway there was a minivan, a car and a pickup truck. Tres and I continued walking; we were about 50 feet away when we heard a motor start. The motor made a lot of noise, not due to loud exhaust but more due to maintenance concerns. Tres suggested that we should stop and allow the vehicle to back out of the drive.

            We stood there for about a minute and then I decided we should proceed, but with caution. We were possibly 20 feet away when we saw the brake and backup lights come on, we stopped. We stood there possibly 30 seconds or so and the vehicle did not move. I then considered that the vehicle may have a back up camera, and the driver may see us standing there. We again began walking but we did move out into the street just in case the vehicle decided to back up.

            We were directly behind the vehicle when it began to back up! We were glad that we had ventured out in to the street a little, giving us a safe area. The female may have seen us, as she stopped quickly. At that point in time, I noted to Tres that the driver was, “The north end of a south bound horse”! For that one reader, the north end of a south bound horse is, a horse’s butt!

            Topic change; today is our day of rest. All I have planned is to clean the office area, which usually takes several hours, as I have to remove or move everything, clean the areas, then replace everything. Then I plan to go to the ditch in the back yard and get rid of the weeds. I haven’t decided if I will use the electric or gas trimer. Maybe I will take turns and use both.

            I picked up acorns yesterday. I have given up on trying to rake them, the grass is too thick. I am using the pecan picker-upper, and I am getting the acorns that are on top of the grass. It is a lot easier getting the acorns off the top of the grass.

 

Relax with a good mask!

 

Senior identifier of horses’ butts, Don the Ford

No comments: