Translate

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Ole Biker rides again 10/20/2020

            If anyone read or at least looked at the previous posting, they would know I commented on my ole Gold Wing, and provided a photo of said bike.

            Well, this ole biker went riding yesterday! Yep, the weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cool. I left the Ford’s Homestead and rode down to the end of the street just to get settled in, and use to the bike. Then I headed up the hill, and I should say, the pedaling was strenuous.

            Allow me to change topics for a moment. I have a new device that has Alexa in it, and it has a screen. I think it is called Echo 5, or something like that. I just ask it to spell the word strenuous for me, and like the ole Alexa dot, it spelled the word. The difference is, it also showed the word on the screen for about 30 seconds, nice! Don’t tell me the robots aren’t coming

            Back to my original thought; Peddling uphill can be strenuous, but my bike is a 6-speed bike. Yep I can switch gears making the pedaling so easy, even a senior person on a fixed income can go up, or down hills. Also, I should probably remind that one reader, who only reads ever so often, and then mostly looks at the pitchers, my bike has a battery and electric motor.

            Going uphill, or when one gets tired, one just twists the throttle, and the bike helps. The neat part of having an electric bike, I can look like I am doing all the work, even when I am not. It kinda makes me look like a real person. I rode for about 30 minutes, I have no idea how far I rode, but it was relaxing and enjoyable. The neat thing about biking is, I get to look around at the neighborhoods as I ride. In a vehicle one has to be more careful to avoid accidents.  

 

Ole biker, keeps riding!

 

Senior deceptive ole biker and almost real person, Don the Ford

No comments: