Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 6, 2022

            Well, the time has changed, I tried to stay in bed a little longer than usual this morning, but “I did not get the entire hour of extra sleep.” As you may have imagined, Tres was unaware of the time change, and he was insisting that we get up. I will attempt to explain it to him later today.

            Yesterday, as my first wife and I sat outside enjoying the last happy hour before the time change, we were also talking about food. Now as some people know, my present spouse annually makes a bunch of tamales this time of the year (a bunch is in the area of 20 to 30 dozen). She was speaking about everything she will need to do, and she will build all those tamales on Monday. Our cat Molly was wanting to be petted and kept rubbing against us when my wife said, “Tamale what do you want,” quickly we realized that Molly now had a nick name, Tamale!

            I guess that is about all that happened yesterday, I did move several items from the garage out to the Ford’s ole shed, it made a little more room in the garage. My favorite wife and I did go to a couple stores in an effort to purchase some rope lights for the angel in front of our homestead. We also went to the harbor store where I purchased a couple items. I needed a new tarp to cover the Ford’s ole riding mower and I also got some plastic wire ties, which we will use to secure the rope lights to the angel.

            I did check the star coffee place both times when we passed it, but the lines were too long for this ole senior person. Do you think that the star coffee place should have a set time for ole retired people to go through the drive through, you know keeping all you real people out of line!

            When we returned to the homestead, I was able to put the new tarp on the riding mower and cut up a limb that storms had left in the back 40. Unfortunately, there is grass growing in parts of the back 40 that I will need to mow.

The other project my spouse of more than 50 years had, was to put new lights on the cross. We address this project as a team, and I think we did a good job. I did take a photo of the cross with its new lights. 

            It wasn’t quite dark, but you can still see the brightness of the new lights. Somebody said, “Let there be light, and there was light”! 

            When I start the relighting of the angel, it will be and all-day project, I know, I have put the lights on that angel a couple times, over the past few years. 90 feet of lighting goes on the angel and a couple hundred plastic wire ties. Remember, once I get all the lights and wire ties on the angel’s frame, then I have to cut the excess off each wire tie. I hope there will be a nap or two during the process.

            Well as one can see nothing to do for ole senior persons, we hope you have a blessed day!

Kindness counts!

Senior ole person who is kind of silly, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: