Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2022

November 20, 2022

            Today is Sunday and I hope it is a day of rest. Now, since no one asked why I am hoping for a day of rest, I am willing to enlighten you, even though you don’t want to know. Yes, the rest of this posting will be written with tears flowing from my eyes.

            Let’s see if I can remember, how did Saturday start? Oh, I remember some things, it seems as if I may have gone to our son David’s home to help haul away limbs from a tree that he has cut down. We were able to load and haul 4 loads of limbs out to the dump site and his back yard looks emptier now. He still has some wood that needs to be cut into pieces, which he will be using for firewood.

            Completing that task, I pulled the Ford’s ole trailer home (I used the Ford’s ole pickup to pull the trailer, not by hand) and parked it in the driveway. I was able to drag my ole senior body into the Ford Homestead, and I took a 15-minute break with a cup of homemade coffee.

            My favorite wife and I then went into the Ford’s ole cold garage and began working on the Angel. After several hours of work, we (team Ford as we are now known) were almost done with the re-lighting, when we ran out of plastic wire ties. My spouse of more than half a century wanted to get an item from Wally world, I needed to get more plastic wire ties so we could complete the relighting project. (We used about 250 wire ties)

I had to first disconnect the trailer from the Ford’s ole Chevy, more work for an ole seniors’ body, then we headed for the store. She shopped one end of the store while I went to the other end. I found the plastic wire ties and the price on the bin was $5.12, that is a couple dollars mor than what I paid for them at the harbor store. When I got to the check out the plastic wire ties cost $6.40. I noted to the young man at the cash register that the price on the bin was $5.12, he said I could talk with a manager, and they could change the price. Irritated, we left the store but if I would have not been in a hurry I would have spoken to a manager.

Back at home I completed the project and then called my first wife out into the garage to either approve or not. She liked what she saw, and I was allowed to carry said angel out to the tree and secure it there. I have two photos.


            First, we see the angel against the tree, and there are pumpkins at the angel's feet. The second photo show the angel and the cross, but the cross is so bright that it blurs in the photo. You might notice the angel provides a lot of light, and the grass in front of it is partially lite up.

            Those photos were taken when we arrived home from supper at the George restaurant. Would you believe, my favorite wife wanted me to have a nice meal for all the work I had performed during the day? I would not believe that either, we were both hungry.

            Well, as you can see, another day with nothing to do, we hope you have things to keep you busy today, be safe and be nice to old people!

Sunday, Day of rest!

Senior ole person who needs to get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: