Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2022

November 12, 2022

            Sat all day is here, it rained most of the day yesterday, we got 1.25 inches of rain and we can still use more. When we are not in a drought and get that much rain, we would have water standing in places in the back 40, but there is no standing water so we need more rain, but not the cold.

            We have a bunch of acorns on the street and in the yard due to the wind during yesterday’s rain event. I might be able to withstand the cold long enough to get the uncrushed acorns from the street, walkway and drive. Those acorns are easy enough for an ole senior person to procure.

            I have no real plans for today, I might be allowed to drive my favorite wife to a couple stores today. It seems like there was something I wanted to get from town but my ole mind can’t remember. My memory is better when I write things down. There is something about noting something on paper, for some reason I can remember it better even when I don’t look back at the note. Yes, I know, ole people are silly!

            Grandees: When I pick my favorite grandson up from school we get to talk while heading for home. He has told me that he wants a Ford Pickup truck, he wants a motorcycle, and yesterday he said when he gets older, he wants to grow a beard.

            I did get my favorite granddaughter Gabi, to the orthodontist on time, and then back to school safely, yesterday.

            Topic swap: Well, I guess sitting outside in the afternoon will be eliminated while the weather is cold, heck I guess I will need to stay inside and watch re-runs of the three stooges this afternoon.

            TV: An old, yes very old, Tarzan movie is on, they are fun to watch but are not as exciting as they were 60 years ago. Now days anyone could make that type movie using a smart phone. 

            News: yesterday while my present spouse was in town, I, the Don, de-activated the air conditioner, and then activated the furnace! It took a while for the temp in the homestead to get cool enough for the furnace to begin heating. There is no heat vent in this ole office area so I need to go out to the Ford’s ole shed and bring one of the small electric heaters in. It isn’t cold in here today, but as the temps begin to stay low this room does cool off dramatically.

Cool, cold, freezing!

Senior ole retired person who had a cup of coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: