Translate

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 29, 2022

 

            I will attempt to keep this as short as possible and hopefully have a photo or two.

            I was able to put together the so-called Manger yesterday, which is made from scrap wood, and it shows that it is scrap wood. I was able to remember how to put it together, and Alex helped me move it from the driveway to a spot on the yard, approved by my first wife. We carried other decorations out to the front yard, and there will be a few more today, we need to run some electric wires today to get things lit up.

            I need to anchor the Manger so it will not blow away in a strong wind. I started to anchor it yesterday, but I could not get the anchor to screw into the ground. There may have been something underground holding it back, I will try again today.

            I need to take the dog to the vet today, I will need to get David from work, Alex and Gabi from school. We will have a different way to pick up Alex at school starting today, as there is construction going on. I will not be able to put a full day in working on the decorations.

            I tried to get some fall like photos of local trees, the pecan tree in the back 40 has lost almost all its leaves, while the one in the front yard still has most of its leaves.


            Our red oak tree has a few leaves turning yellow, while a neighbor’s tree is starting to turn red.


 
            The yellow leaves in the above photo are from our pecan tree in the front yard.

 

            The above photo is looking down the street from our homestead, most trees are still green.

            Well, I guess I better get started, so, we hope your day is both productive and safe.

Decorator’s assistant!

Senior retired person who is still trying to work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: