Translate

Monday, November 21, 2022

November 21, 2022

            Well, I did nothing on Sunday, at least I did not do a lot on Sunday. I helped set a white Christmas tree up in the front Jasmin bed, the difficult part was getting on my knees to secure the tree to stakes in the ground, there are a lot of acorns in the Jasmin beds. I was allowed to secure the tree to the cement bird bath, as an extra support.

            I then went to the shed to get an extension cord, there was none to be seen, I then went to the back patio and there was an extension cord that I procured, and took the cord to the front yard. We wanted to be sure the tree lit up properly. The tree lit ok, but it is not yet wired, there will be more items placed in the area and then we will provide electric.

            My first wife needed to go to town so I moved the Ford’s ole Chevy out of the driveway, so she could leave the homestead. Returning to the driveway, I connected the trailer to the truck, as I wanted to check the tires. I knew that one of the tires had been losing air, and I was aware that the valve stem, where one airs the tire, may have been defective. I was able to get the trailer backed close to the garage door where I jacked up one side of the trailer.

I thought I would possibly lose all the air from the tire. I found that the valve stim was loose and about to pop out. I tighten it and filled the tire with air. I also filled the other trailer tire with air, and then backed it out into the yard.

While I was in the back yard, I decided to get the Christmas decorations that my wife of more then a half century wanted me to bring to the garage. As I started placing them in the bed of the pickup, it started sleeting. Yep, I was working in the cold and also sleet.

I was able to get the decorations to the garage, unload them from the pickup, I straightened up some of the items in the garage, and then I decided to check the air pressure of the tires on the pickup. I knew the pressure was low as the truck had indicated such. I aired all four tires, and then it came to me, I should air up the spare. Yes, my ole senior body was laying on the wet cement as I put air into the spare tire. 

Finally, I was able to get a little time to come inside where it is warm and do some reading. I still haven’t caught up on the bible study reading.

Note: I forgot to have an adult beverage yesterday afternoon, it was too cold to sit outside and my ole brain just forgot. Maybe I can have two today, but it is still cold!

That was my Sunday, we hope your Sunday was pleasant and safe. 

Tire aficionado!

Senior person who enjoyed the day, but not the cold, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: