Translate

Saturday, November 5, 2022

November 5, 2022

            Friday, what a day! Let’s see how this day progressed. I sat around doing nothing other than entering some data in to this ole computer. Yep, I usually enjoy writing something that only I will enjoy, then posting for the world to critique.

            Finishing the writing period, I then decided to take the Tres for a walk while it was not raining. We started out and before we were out of the Ford’s ole driveway, I thought I felt a drop of rain on my neck, but we continued walking. As we arrived at the end of the street, also known as the cul-de-sac, we felt a couple more drops of rain. I began to wonder if we would be able to complete our usual walk.

            The rain drops reminded me, I had seen two of the neighbor ladies heading out on their walk 15 minutes before us, and they say they usually walk 3 miles which takes them 1 hour. If you are attempting to calculate the speed that they walk, they walk 3 miles in an hour, that is 3 miles per hour. Why do I need to explain everything to you?

            Ok back to me and Tres, and why I included the above info about the two neighbor ladies. As Tres and I were walking away from the cul-de-sac it begins to sprinkle. The rain was getting into Tres’ ears, and he was shaking his head a lot, I was getting a free shower. When we arrived at the Ford’s ole driveway we turned in and ended the walk.

            Back in the homestead I procured a cup of homemade coffee and Tres and I sat on the front porch watching it rain. Yes, you guessed it, the two neighbor ladies came walking down the street and they did not have rain coats or an umbrella, do you think they were wet?

            After consuming the cup of homemade coffee and watching the rain, I ventured back into the homestead for a needed nap. While I was napping, I received a call from our son David as he was off work. I went and picked him up at work and took him to his house. The rest of the afternoon was quiet, I did do my bible study work and read the bible.

            I did get my walkie talkies down and charged the batteries, I wanted at least one of them to be working if we got the bad weather they were predicting, so I would have up to date weather info.

            At three o’clock I headed over to get in line to get Alex from school, then after picking him up we went to the high school to get Gabi. I was able to get them both home safely and before the rain and storms. As I was driving home, I called My favorite wife and suggested we could go to the George restaurant for an evening meal, she was sitting outside, ready to go, when I arrived home.

            Restaurant food was good, the service was not good, but we enjoyed being together.

            Arriving at home from the restaurant, my present wife suggested we could sit outside, as it was a nice evening. I moved the chairs around and we both got a drink. We had just sat down when a drop or two of rain fell on the driveway. Then additional drops so we quickly got out of the chair and went into the house, “And the rain came!” It rained and the wind blew, the rain was going sideways at times. We ended up with nine tenths of an inch of rain.

            My lawn sprinkler shutoff, that is supposed to work in case of rain, worked!

            And that is how my Friday went. We hope you all have a good Saturday, filled with friends and or family.

Saturday, three stooges!

Senior retired person who needs a cup of coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: