Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

November 28, 2022

            For that one person who noticed that I did not post to the blog yesterday, you are correct, I could not come up with anything to write about. Yesterday I did nothing, well, I did a couple small things.

            I moved my present wife’s van away from the garage door, which allowed me to have an open area to work in. I then began moving empty cartons from the Ford’s ole garage out to the driveway, where I consolidated as much as possible. Don’t ask, allow me to explain Lucy, I put the smaller cartons in the larger cartons, that is consolidation. I also moved some fall decorations that were in totes, out of the garage to the drive way. There were a couple items that were still in cartons (will not be used in decorating this year) and I moved them to the driveway.

            I then organized the remaining items in the garage so we can walk around safely, and grabbed a broom and swept the floor. Then the work began, as I started moving the items from the drive way to the Ford’s ole shed. There is that one large tree in a carton and it is heavy! I had previously stated, “I would need help the next time I moved it”. Now I know that you do not care if I got help or not, so, I will enlighten everyone except you!

            I went to the shed, procured the two-wheeler, and was able to move the larger heavy carton by myself. You are correct, I did get help, but it was me helping myself. I did move all the items from the drive way to the shed, where I segregated the items by, empty Christmas decoration cartons, Fall decorations, Easter decorations. Keeping them separated helps later when my favorite wife suggests that I could get an item from the shed.

            I did something unusual yesterday, I watered the flowers in the ole hot house. You are correct, that isn’t unusual, but the fact that I used rain water is. The Ford’s ole red wagon was full of water, so I decided rather then dumping the water out on the ground I would use it to water the flowers. I did have to dump about half of the water on the ground.

            Later I took my first wife to the store so she could purchase a few items, I also took her vehicle to the gas station and filled the tank with gas. It cost 2.56 per gallon.

            Returning home, I attempted to do my bible study. I am not good at studying, but after the bible study I read some in Revelations, then I started reading from a book I have about revelations. I decided to go outside and sit in the warm sunlight and read. It only took about 5 minutes, when I decided that the sun light was too hot to sit in. Too hot sounds odd for this time of year, but it was too hot for me to focus on reading. 

            My only wife worked all day inside the house decorating some Christmas trees. When I say all day, I mean all day and into the evening. She puts a huge amount of effort into decorating.

            Our favorite grandson will be here today, and I hope to get help from him as we attempt to do some outside decorating.

            Well, as you can see, there is nothing going on at the Ford’s homestead, we hope you have something to keep you busy today, and stay safe.

Decorate safely!

Senior retired person who needs something to do, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: