Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2022

November 10, 2022

            Again today, I have nothing to write about, so I will apologize to you, for sending this nothing post to my blog. Heck, if I were to attempt to present anything, it would be all about the animals here at, “The Ford Foundation for retired senior people”, and no one wants to know that when Tres and I went for a walk yesterday that a man was putting his recycle container out at the curb as we approached. This man, wisely stepped back onto his driveway giving Tres plenty of room to pass by.

When we were directly in front of the man he said, that is a good-looking dog, and I immediately responded with, “Thank you, now what about me, am I good-looking?” He had an odd look on his face as he tried to think of a response. He then asked, is it a male or female? I thought it was obvious that Tres is a male, but being the gentleman that I am I replied, “he is a male”. We walked on and had no further interruptions to our morning walk.

Returning to the Ford’s homestead I decided to remove a few of the acorns from the street and the neighbor's driveway, as the acorns on cement are much easier to retrieve. As I was working, I had two supervisors, there to review my work and advise me, photo to follow.


 
            As you can see, they were very interested in my work, or were they?

            I need to try and get the Tres to the vet today or tomorrow, as he is itching a lot, and has scratched his ears a lot and is shaking his head often. Scheduling is difficult as I need to be available to get Dave from work and the kids from school.

            I also need to get the so-called hot house ready for this weekend’s cooler weather, basically bring the electric cord to the outlet on the patio, plug the heat lamp in and shut the door. We may get down to 32 for the first time this fall.

            Today is Thursday, I go to the teller machine to get our $5 stipend, you know the $5.00 goes away much faster now days with all the price increases.

            We hope you have a good day, stay safe and try to be productive.

Who needs supervisors?

Senior ole person who needs a lot of supervision, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: