Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Did I understand 02.02.19

 

            The question as you may have seen in the title is, “Did I understand”. Possibly, I should explain, what I may not have understood.  A friend sent me an email saying sorry to hear about your illness, if you were better we could ride out to the Bunkhouse BBQ, Oh wait a minute, I forgot you don’t have a scooter!!!           I understood all that.

          This friend went on to say, “I fell over a rail landed on my left shoulder and jammed my right thumb on the asphalt, bruised shoulder and broke thumb in two places.”

          I know this friend rides a motorcycle, I assumed he was riding his bike and lost it on a railroad track. Then I got to thinking about the wording, “Fell over a rail”. Maybe he has a porch with a rail and he fell over it, after several adult beverages. No, that could not be. He does not drink adult beverages, he doesn’t have a porch with a rail, and he said he fell on the asphalt, his yard is dirt and grass.

            Another hypothesis, he could have been walking along the rail road tracks in quiet meditation, away from all distractions as he approaches a railroad crossing. As we all know railroad crossings are built up and may have asphalt as the drive approaches and leaves the tracks. If this friend was deeply in meditation he may not have been aware he was approaching the crossing when suddenly, and seemingly from out of nowhere, a train horns sounds. Immediately bringing him out of his meditative state, and at that point, he tripped over the rail, and fell onto the asphalt causing the injuries.  

            Now let’s consider a different rail. Let’s assume he was visiting a lady friend who lives in and apartment house. You know the type, it is two stories high, with rails and has an asphalt driveway. He knocks on the door, when the door opens this lady friend’s boyfriend comes out and pushes him over the rail, causing him to fall from the second floor landing on the asphalt below, which caused the injuries. That sounds like the best answer to me.

            You may develop your own theory.

 

            I am getting over whatever I have / had, I am still coughing but not as often. I don’t have a fever so I might be mostly healthy again.

            My favorite spouse and I went out to lunch today and I made it without any coughing. I must be better. After lunch we went to the 60% off store where we purchased a pair of shoes for me. What? I thought everyone knew, Sears is closing and everything is from 20 to 60% off. There was a bunch of people there shopping.

Analyze what you hear, you may understand!

No longer a sick baby: Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: