Translate

Monday, February 18, 2019

They are from Cuba 02.18.19


            Would you believe, my favorite wife and I won a free trip and we chose to go to Cuba? It was an all-expense paid trip and we were gone from home for 7 days. We traveled from Home to Cuba the first day, we were there for 5 days, and then the last day was travel home.
            It was a very interesting visit, and there are still many of the old cars from the 50s still in use. Most of them have been modified many times, so they are not even close to being original.
What?            You don’t believe what I am saying!          Ok, I don’t believe it either. In truth, my favorite wife and I have not gone anywhere.
            We do have friends who are not on a fixed income and they do travel. When we heard that they were going to Cuba, I asked if they could get me a Cuban cigar. In the photo below we can see three cigars and two boxes which contain two more cigars, all from Cuba. I do not smoke but I will obviously try to smoke a Cuban cigar.

                                                          
            For years we have been told that the Cuban cigar is something special, and that might be. I hope one of these cigars, is a special cigar. I am not a connoisseur but I think I can tell the difference between good and very good. I do not know what they cost but I have been told they were much less expensive in Cuba. The statement in the white square, in Spanish basically says, can be bad for your health and habit forming.
            Our summer like weather has changed to winter like weather, with a gusty wind. The temp outside is supposed to get up to 52 degrees, so if you can stay out of the wind, it’s not too bad but as soon as you step out into the wind, it is full blown winter time.
            Today is presidents day, I am not sure why but it is considered a holiday for some. My present spouse and I have the day off. Wow, we have the day off and I have no idea what we will do. I would enjoy going out to the Bunk House for lunch but I am not sure they are open on Mondays. My first wife suggested I call after a while and see if they are open. Why didn’t I think of that? Now you know why she is also my favorite wife.

Listen to your spouse, they are correct, occasionally!

Bunk House BBQ connoisseur; Don Ford



AVG logo
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

No comments: