Translate

Friday, February 22, 2019

Couch potato 02.22.19

            After writing the title line, it came to my mind, “Why a potato”? Why didn’t they use a squash or onion? Why was it a vegetable used, and why not a flower like, “Couch Daisy”? As you can see, this question probably has no simple answer.
            What brought this to mind, one might ask. The event that cause this process of evaluating and ole saying, started the other evening. The day was at an end, I was able to drag my ole senior body into the Ford’s TV room and crawl to the Ford’s ole recliner. It took a few minutes, but I was able to get situated onto the recliner. My ole body had just started to relax, when the Ford’s pot hound, “Tres”, came into the room.
            Tres must have had a hard day also, as he appeared to be very tired. I watched him as he staggered over to the Ford’s ole couch, and crawled up onto it. It wasn’t an easy task, but eventually he made it to the reclined position. Luckily he was able to get his head onto a couple pillows. I do have a photo that I will include, possibly you will be able to see how tired he was.
                                                                                                       
                                   
            The other day I had nothing to do so, I was thinking about words, and a couple words came to mind. The word “Here”, was the first word that popped into my head. As I understand the meaning of the word, it would be, “In or at this place”. I know my mother used the phrase, “Donnie, come here”, thousands of times. Here was where she was, and I had better get there quick.
            If you add a “T” to the word here, you get more or less the opposite of here. A meaning of the word, “There”, could be, “In or at that place”. So the difference would be, “This or That”!
            What if we add a “W” to the word here, we would get the word, “Where”. A meaning of the word, “Where”, can be, “At, in, or to what place”? Now we have, This, That or What.
            Now I am confused. What was the reason for the above documentary? As I see it, there was no reason other than, I didn’t have anything to do on a cold day, so I began to enter data into the Ford’s ole computer. Now you can see why I tell the grand kids that grandpa is silly, and they believe me!

            Bad news! It seems as if the Ford’s ole coffee maker is giving up, and only has a short time to continue to serve the Ford Homestead. It has been acting up for a few weeks and it needed to be de-scaled. The process was performed, and for some reason it began to have small black litter in the hot water. At first we thought it was some ole coffee grounds that was being ejected with the hot water. We cleaned the unit and it still had the little black litter in the water, less than before but still there.
            This morning the first cup of hot water had numerous black litter in it. A new unit will set us back possibly 6 months since we are on a fixed income. Even though we are a proud couple, we will accept donations. Please mark them as, “Replace the Ford’s ole coffee maker”.  Those making donations of $50.00 or more will receive a Thank You card.

No hot water, no coffee, tears in my eyes!

Coffee-less senior needing donations; Don Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: