Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

No work for the wicked 02/27/19

            The title line seems a little off, No rest for the wicked was what I was trying to state. Wow, I made my first mistake again. Today I did not pull weeds from the flower beds as I did yesterday. I had decided to build a bird house similar to what we had seen at the big home store the other day. My thought was to create a bird house similar to the one we observed at the store and then create a set of plans that anyone could follow it they want.
            I have the plan but have not completed the bill of materials yet. The sample was built using a fence picket which isn’t overly expensive. Also I do not have a hole saw that is the size I needed. I will need to go to the Harbor store tomorrow, and try to get a 1.50 inch hole saw. Also I used screws to hold it together, I want to be able to take it apart, but nails would work just fine if one did not want to take it apart later.
                                   
            Yes, you are correct, that may be the first time you have been observant in a long time, I am almost proud of you. The holes have not been drilled. They will be drilled into the houses when the birds pay the first and last month’s rent in advance of moving in! (We charge more when they have babies.) You know we are on a fixed income and every penny counts.                                
            That’s ok, you don’t need to show interest in this subject, my grandson might want to build one since they are talking about hand tools and wood working projects in the cub scouts. He said his Nana likes birds and she would like a bird house. (Nana is the other grandmother.)
            We will provide more info on this project as we make progress in completing all the planning and details.

You don’t need to like it, as long as I do!

Senior bird house landlord; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: