Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2019

As quite as a church mouse 02.21.19


                              This post is being written on Wednesday.
            In all honesty, I have never seen or heard a church mouse, so I can’t be sure that a church mouse is actually quiet. Possibly I should have said, it’s so quiet it seems as if it is not here. Not being use to the quiet, it leaves me with an odd feeling, yet somehow calming.
                                    Almost as if it’s not mine,
                          It doesn’t have that ole whine,        
                          Could this be one of a kind,
                          This church mouse of mine.
            You got that right, I can’t say, “I am a poet and don’t know it”!    Heck it wasn’t even a good try, I may stop and wonder why, I have all these tears in my eye, maybe I should just cry!
           
            The sun is shining but it is still rather cool outside, about 49 degrees. The Tres and I went out back at which time I proceeded to collect stool specimens from various areas in the back 40. Tres has two areas that he frequents, which make the retrieval of the deposits somewhat easier than looking throughout the back 40. 
            After the collection was completed, I began to consider the demolition of the kid’s ole fort. There has been no kids in the fort for some time now, Gabi has basically out grown the ole fort and Alex is more interested in his computer, than playing outside.
            I have started a plan in my head, nothing on paper yet, to demolish the kid’s ole fort, and use some of the wood to begin a shed for the riding mower. Presently, the mower stays outside under a tarp. The kid’s ole fort has several items in it, from flower pots to rakes, and shovels. There is a kids wading pool that Tres never used. There are also toys in the ole fort.
            I may put together a plan on paper and see just how much work would be involved.
            Also the kid’s ole swing could be moved, I don’t know where yet, and a porch swing put in place of the two kids swings. There would be a lot of work in these projects but it might keep me out of trouble.

            I did receive the two cooling pads for the lap tops. I have installed both pads and it is amazing how noisy the ole pad was. When I started the computer with the ole pad installed, the noise was very loud for the first couple minutes, then it quieted down. I had gotten use to the fan noise and didn’t pay any attention to it. These new pads a very quiet from the start, to shut down. When I start the computer now, not hearing any noise, I keep checking to see if it is really on. The coolers also have blue LEDs, which is blue lights for that one person who is not familiar with the LED.
            They are quiet as a church mouse!

Quietly listen, you will learn!

Always quiet and almost respectful; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: