Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Birds on a wire 02.19.19

            Yesterday morning about 10:00am as I was driving home from the coffee place, I observed a group of birds on three electrical wires. I was driving on Hewitt drive, and these birds were across from the “Mc” hamburger place. Yes, I have seen large groups of black birds on wires in the past, especially near takeout restaurants.  I have always thought they gathered in large groups so they could defecate on our vehicles.
            As I observed these black birds on those three wires, they suddenly as a group all more or less fell off the wires, all at the same moment, and landed on the ground about 40 feet below. I have always thought it was interesting to see flocks of these black birds fly in groups, all turning at the same time as if they have someone instructing them.
            Seeing several hundred black birds drop from those wires as one group, was to me, incredible.
            The winter weather has closed in on us, and I don’t think we even made it to 50 yesterday. I do have a photo of a plant that seems to be flourishing here at the Ford Homestead. Some say it had grown this well do to the B. S. which I spread, which to some, is considered as fertilizer.
                                                   
            That one onion may be the total extent of the Ford’s garden this year. (Actually, the onion was in with other onions but it decided to begin to grow so I planted it.)
            The Ford’s ole computer has a cooling pad under it. What is a cooling pad, that one person wants to know, it is a device that is placed under a lap top and has a fan which helps keep the computer cool. One of my sons was in the room when I started the computer the other day and the cooling pad made a lot of noise. He said, you can by a new pad for about $20.00. That got me to thinking, possibly I could afford a new cooling pad.
            I checked several web sites for prices on these pads. A local company had one for $24.00 and I could pick it up that day. I went to said store and looked around. I found a cooling pad for $39.00. An employee approached me and asked if he could help. I said, “I want one of those but cheaper”. He explained that they did not have one that is cheaper. I noted that their web site said they do. He said you can probably order it but we don’t have it in store. I said thanks and left the store.
            Arriving at home, I went back to the Ford’s ole computer and the web site indicated they had the $24.00 unit in stock for immediate pick up. The sales person was wrong!
            I went on line and ordered two cooling pads for a total of $21.00, no tax and no shipping. They arrive tomorrow. (That is $10.50 each.)

            Did we get to go to the Bunk House for lunch yesterday? No we did not. I called and they did not answer the phone, so they were either closed, or so busy they couldn’t answer the phone. I might get to go today!

            He is good, sometimes. This morning was one of those times when Tres was good. It is very cold and I did not want to go outside with him in the cold, I opened the door and he went out by himself. He looked around, did his business, went to the paper, picked it up, returned to the house and I did not need to go out! Good Boy!

Check the price, you can get a better deal!

Senior Price Negotiator; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: