Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Can't take it 02.14.19

            The other afternoon, after picking up my favorite Grandson (aka, only grandson) he reached into his back pack and pulled out a piece of peppermint candy. He stated that his buddy had given him the piece of candy.
            I said granny has some peppermints, if you want to get some to take with you to school.  He went on to say, we can’t have candy in school. I asked, not even if you wait until recess to eat it. He said no, we can’t have candy. I jokingly asked if they could have guns in school. He said NO, we can’t have guns, and we can’t have money.
            I understand no guns, but I don’t understand why no money. I guess I understand no candy or chewing gum, as they could be laced with weed (aka marijuana).

            I had a teacher (back in the olden days) that would let us chew gum or eat a piece of candy in class, as long as it didn’t bother anyone else, and if you gave him some.
            Speaking of olden days, I went to a two room country school (1958 & 1959). It was winter and the creek across the street from the school was frozen over. The teacher took the entire class to the creek during recess, and we all got to play on the ice. There was some slipping and falling but no one got hurt. They would not do anything like that now days. Heck, if it is that cold now days, they don’t even let them go outside.
            I guess we were tougher kids in the olden days. J

            It’s Valentine’s Day and yes I got my favorite wife roses and a card. She is going out to lunch with some friends and did not invite me. There are no tears in my eyes even though I was ignored, you know, I was treated like I did not exist. The group of her friends are all female, and they would have just talked about lady things, so I am glad I was not invited.

            It is supposed to be warm today and tomorrow. Heck tomorrow it may hit 83 degrees here in Hewitt. There are a few projects I want to do such as remove some stepping stones. These stones were placed there by me, in hopes that we would use them allowing the grass to not be walked down. For the most part, the stones are not used so removal is inevitable.  I will need to purchase some bags of dirt to fill in the holes left from the stones.
            Also, last year’s sprinkler system install left lines in the yard everywhere they dug a ditch for the pipe. I want to attempt to smooth the yard by filling in those ditches.
            As you can see, I will be working my hands to the bone, and spending money on bags of dirt. It is so difficult being on a fixed income.
            I also would like to get some new black berry plants, for a second black berry patch, more money to be spent!
            Trees are starting to bud out, I guess spring is coming.
                                  

Retirement, don’t do it, and you won’t be on a fixed income!

Fixed income expert; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: