Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

6th anniversary 02.26.19

            I received an email stating it was my 6th anniversary, to be honest with you, I would have thought it was much longer than that. I may turn on the other Fords ole computer and see if I can find more information on this anniversary date.

            If one was interested in my anniversary, which obviously one is not, they would have asked, “Your sixth anniversary of what”? To which, if I believed one cared, I would have stated, it is my sixth anniversary of…  I am sure no one cares and for that one person who thinks it is my sixth anniversary of retiring, they would be incorrect. I will have been retired 8 years next month.

            Wow, I have been retired almost 8 years. “Time fly’s even when you are not having fun”! The following is a comment from a retired person, me.

            Experience is needed by many of the people who are in charge. Young, highly educated people in charge, also need experience. Many people who are in charge swing left or right when they should be in the center. That is not a political comment, and if you bear with me, I will explain.

            Left: Some who are in charge get to involved in their daily reports and paper work, and do not interact with or in some case’s know what is happening in their work areas.

            Right: If you are thinking at all you now know, some get to involved in the work of their areas and let their own work slide.

            Center: Now you should understand, being in the center means, they apply a proper amount of time to their work and a proper amount of time to the work in their areas.

            It is my opinion, companies should consider contracting with some of their retirees to be outside advisors. An outside advisor does not need to be careful with their comments in an effort to keep their job. They are retired, and can be totally honest with upper and middle management.        

            A retired advisor could point out concerns without fear of upsetting the boss. The boss could run ideas past the retired advisor, and receive experienced advice. An advisor would not be afraid to point out those who should not be employed there.

            Wow, how did I get off on that subject? Let me get back to the original topic, anniversaries. I do remember a friend asking why I had done that. My answer was, I heard you could do it so I did it.

            Heck, I had referred to myself as reverend Ford in the past so why not sign up to be a minister. I went on the internet and registered. I did not get the certificates and ID cards as I would have had to pay and the site at that time was not secure. Now they are secure and want me to purchase the certificate and ID. If I had some extra money I might get them but being on a fixed income every dollar counts.

            Now you may understand why I preach so much, I am not a minister, I am a preacher!

 

May all employees work safely, productively and cooperatively! 

 

Minister, I mean preacher; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: