Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Past history 02.13.19

            The following poem was written in 1940 by my mother. She lost her young daughter to Pneumonia 03/05/1940. I never knew my sister Della, she passed from pneumonia before I was born, which was 79 years ago. The pome was use recently in my nephew’s funeral.

 

                                       Beyond the Blue

                        Each gentle breeze, each sunset glow

                        Each little Raindrop here below,

                        Is but a part of God’s great plan,

                        and purpose in the life of man.

                        AND SOMETIMES WHEN DEEP GRIEF OR CARE

                        IS ALMOST MORE THAN I CAN BEAR,

                        IT SEEMS SO NATURAL FOR ME

                        TO WONDER WHY IT HAD TO BE,

                        BUT DEEP WITHIN MY HEART I FEEL,

                        THAT IN ALL THINGS TIME WILL REVEAL,

                        THAT WISDOM OF HIS GUIDING HAND,

                        AND SOMETIME I SHALL UNDERSTAND

                        AND THEN GIVE ME STRENGTH ANEW

                        TO LOOK UP THERE BEYOND THE BLUE,

                        AND KNOW THAT SOMEDAY, WE WILL SHARE,

                        THAT HOME TOGETHER OVER THERE.

            My mother wrote poems at various times for various reasons, during her 94 year life. Maybe she passed on the writing gene to me, and that maybe why I like to bother you all, with my blog postings. 

 

Enjoy the day, be nice to others, and me!

Senior Ford Homestead journalist; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: