Translate

Friday, November 30, 2018

Can't get ahead 11.30.18

               It is the last day of November and the leaves are falling. This year seems to be somewhat like the northern states in that the leaves on a lot of the trees have turned many pretty colors.
            I have removed the leaves from the front yard one time already, and plan to remove them again today. I looked at the yard and was surprised with all the leaves that are in the front yard. The street was also covered so, would you believe, I decided to rake the street bringing the leaves onto the front yard. What do you think the neighbors think of the ole man raking the street? See photo of me raking the street, click to believe.

            After getting all the street leaves onto the front yard, I then began raking the leaves and placing them into leaf bags. In the photo below, you can see how my raking was proceeding.

            Would you believe it took several hours of raking to get these leaves all in bags. My old arms and hands are worn out and I need to take a nap. With tears in my eyes, I took a photo of the finished product. You may notice that the leaves were still falling from the trees in the front yard. The yard will be covered again by tomorrow. Click to enlarge.

            Before anyone comments, yes that is Tres’ tail at the right side of the photo.
            A neighbor stopped and commented that there are still a lot of leaves on the trees in our yard. I said he was right but I did not want to do them all at one time, but small amounts over several times.

Fall got its name from leaves falling!

Fall guy; Don Ford

                    I used the lawn mower not a rake, I am too lazy to rake.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: