Translate

Friday, November 16, 2018

Pickup sticks 11.16.18

            In the olden days, when I was a little person, we use to play pickup sticks. That was a game that was normally played on the floor. It was a little less expensive than today’s games, but it took as much, if not more skill, that today’s games. Since it wasn’t on a computer or other electrical device, the bad people weren’t able to track us and or communicate with us when we played the game. Just kids playing with kids. The olden days, may have been a safer time for kids.
            Speaking of pickup sticks, I did that yesterday afternoon when the weather warmed up, in the front yard. If we continue to have those very windy days, I will not have any dead branches in the trees, they will all be on the ground. I even picked up a squirrel nest, or it was about half a nest, that did not make me unhappy, as I do not like squirrels. I am not sure that the nest was from our trees, it may have come from the neighbor’s tree.
            I found a digital camera in some of my antiques (it is a Sony camera) and it has an unusual memory stick. It is twice as long as the usual SD card, and it is 512mb, and it is a “Memory Stick Pro”, it don’t have a lot of memory. I have an even older digital camera, but I did not get it out today. I have a photo from the old camera, it is of Tejas. I think, he looks like Tres?

            How old does electronic items need to be before they are either antiques or collectables?
            I remember when I purchased my first lap top, I believe it had a 256 processor in it. It cost a lot more then lap tops do today. It did very little but I thought it was something special. Now that I think of it, I use to spend money on things that I really did not need. Now that I am on a fixed income, I have no money to spend. 
            I walked out into the garage to get a little ice for my drink, when I noticed that the freezer at the bottom of the refrigerator, was not totally closed. I pushed it shut and it popped back open about an inch. That caused me to put the drink down and jump into action. I just happened to have a large ice chest in the garage. I removed all the items from the freezer. I then removed the top tray, then the bottom tray. I could see ice had built up on the bottom of the freezer so I procured a bucket of hot water, and towels. The hot water helped to loosen the ice. I removed a single piece of ice that was possibly 18 inches by 24 inches. I lay it in the drive way.
            I then dried all the inside of the freezer with towels and began to repopulate the freezer drawers. All in all it took about half hour. I was still able to enjoy my drink/s.
            Even in the face of an emergency like, “The freezer catastrophe”, as it is now known here at the Homestead on Oklahoma Ave., one should be able to enjoy a cold beverage around the five o’clock hour. J     (The smile face may show up as a “J”.)
            For those of you who view my outstanding articles on a cell phone, the smile face at the end of a sentence may show up as a letter. If you see odd looking letters at the end of a sentence understand that I have placed either a smile face, or frown face there, for effect
            I have created a one of a kind, 3 by 5 card and pencil holder, which can be displayed on an executive’s desk. Although we have not had the experts give us an appraisal as to the value of the art work, we are sure, since it is a one of a kind, its value will be in the thousands. Please, no offers until it has been professionally appraised. First photo front, second back, click to review.
   
         Today is Friday and it is supposed to be in the mid-60s, which is nice enough for a senior person to go outside the Homestead.

May your day be filled with sunshine and love!

Senior inventor; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: