Translate

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Noviembre 1, 2018 11.01.18

            I have never been good at spelling, I occasionally get a word right, and then I get one wrong. Even though I can’t spell worth a darn, that does not mean I can’t see when others make mistakes.

            There is a house which is located a couple blocks away from the Ford Homestead, that has been undergoing a remodel. I assume the remodel is a total remodel, inside and outside. I can’t see the inside but if it is like the outside, the property will only sell to someone who has unusual taste.

            The house is brick and they have painted all the brick white. All the trim is also painted white. There is a detached garage, it is painted white. The roof is black. The windows stand out as they either have a very dark screen or the glass may be tinted a dark color. Forgetting all that, someone has done some landscaping. There are two large areas in the front yard where they have laid black rock as a ground cover. In this black rock area they have no plants but they do have a couple medium sized brown rocks. I assume these brown rocks are considered as accent pieces.

            At first I thought the black rocks may have been a fair idea, since the house and out building are totally white. I don’t think that now. There are trees in the yard and they are live oak trees. Oak trees have acorns. The black rock areas are now turning brown as the acorns are falling. It is difficult enough to get acorns picked up from a grass covered yard, try it in rocks. One can’t rake in the rocks, there is no smooth surface. One would need to pick each one up by hand. You better have good knee pads if you are going to crawl around in these rock areas.

            I guess they could pick them up with a vacuum, I have done that in the past.

            Speaking of acorns, my yard is covered with acorns. The grass is thick which hide the acorns, but you know they are there when you walk on them. I may attempt to get some of them out of the yard today.

           

            It rained yesterday, we received a half inch. Along with the rain there was wind as the cold front came through. I now have a lot of small twigs and small dead limbs in the yard to be picked up. I hope I don’t freeze when laboring in the yard.

 

May the squirrels eat all the acorns!

 

Senior critic of others work; Don Ford

 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: