Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday 11.21.18

            Yesterday, I took it easy most of the day. My present spouse went to town and enjoyed that part of her day. When she returned home she worked on the decorations in the front yard, for the most part she was connecting wires of the decorations so they would light at night.
            My spouse allowed me to decorate the mail box post. I went outside last evening at 6:30pm to activate the timer. There are lights in the decorations that can be seen at night.

            I have also decorated the Ford’s Flag Pole. I have a star that is stationed at the top of the pole, and there is a string of lights that run from the ground to the star. I thought I was doing, “Good” when I set the timers to come on at 6:30. I have now learned that darkness appears at the Ford’s Homestead at 6:00pm. I will need to adjust the timers.
            What? You are questioning my comment about darkness appears? Allow me to explain, to that one all-knowing person who just has to ask questions! If the darkness wasn’t there, and then it is there, that means it appeared! Do I need to explain in more detail? 
            Yes, I work myself to hard for a while Tuesday afternoon. The doctor who lives next door came over as I was sitting on the ground installing the mail box decorations. He didn’t seem to care if I could get up or not, he just noted that one of the people he works with had lived on Oklahoma Ave., he told me the lady’s name. I verified that they had lived on Oklahoma Ave., in the 200 block, and her husband work with me at HWI many years ago as a driver.
            Well the temp went down in the 30s again last night, so I had to activate the heat lamp in the hot house.
            One of the reasons I was so tired yesterday. I not only climbed up and down the ladder at least 20 times on Monday, I had to move the ladder each time I climbed down and it is rather heavy. Then I carried it to the shed after the day’s work along with other items.
            Crawling around the yard on my hands and knees was not easy on this old body. Speaking of old bodies, I have many nephews and nieces, but one nephew in particular is 3 months younger than me. That means my mom and my sister were pregnant at the same time. Paul (my nephew) will be 71 years old, November 26th.
            Some of Donna’s works are recorded in the photos below. Click to reveal all the wonders. 




   
            Yes, she has worked hard at this project, and it is not yet done! Well to do people hire their decorations installed!
Those of us on a fixed income must do our own work!

Senior photographer; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: