Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Another lunch 11.15.18

            Yes we had our second thanksgiving lunch this week. I assume there will be a larger Thanksgiving lunch next week, possibly with turkey. We enjoyed lunch yesterday and we met Alex’s teacher. She kept saying that Alex is a very good student, I knew she was feeding us a line of it, but I smiled and acted as if she was right. There is a photo of the three of us after we ate, yes my belly was full but do not look at it!  Click if you are not going to look.

            Alex was enjoying his lunch and was unaware that I was taking a photo of him eating. He even ate a piece of my chicken. Chick, I mean click to enlarge.

            Too many chicken lunches for me, I may be on a diet for the next 4.3 weeks.
            Different and kind of the same subject; Grade cards came out yesterday, both Gabi and Alex made good grades. I am glad they don’t take after me, I almost never made good grades. I think I made decent grades until we moved to the country. I was in the 6th grade at the country school. It was a two room school with the first through forth in the basement and fifth through eight upstairs. I have told this story before so if you have heard it just skip it.
            Toward the end of my first day in school, the teacher Mr. Hurt went to the chalk board and was writing some math problems on the board. They were fraction problems and he said, this is homework, write the problems down and do them at home tonight, turn them in tomorrow. I, wanting to be a good student, began writing them down, they were very easy problems so I was answering them as I wrote them down. I thought, I will have these all done now and not have any home work. I had the work completed when I learned it was homework for the eighth graders. I was doing eighth grade work! I truly believe I didn’t learn anything the rest of my time in that country school (Juden School).

            It is cool again this morning, but not as cool as yesterday. We are supposed to hit 60 today so I plan to do some odd jobs in the yard. The plants in the hot house need to be watered.

            Yesterday, I was involved in a conversation about cell phones and music. That made me think about the olden days and the various devices we have had to listen to music and view photos. I knew we had a ZUNE somewhere. I had purchased it for the spouse, may moons ago. The Zune was a Microsoft item. I think it cost about $400.00 new. I found it and it still works. It indicated it has almost 4000 photos on it. There is some music on it, along with videos I had made, and it will play FM radio.
            As I was searching for the Zune I found a very small device named, “Brookstone”, on the back is, “Developed by Brookstone laboratory” made in China, number 10078. It has photos in it too, this little device is 1.5 inch square. It still works.
            I also found a small device that I carried with me when I traveled. It is a, “Nextar”. The Nextar is larger than the Brookstone, it is 1.5 X 3 inch. It also stored photos and music.  There was even a built in mic I assume for notes.
            Then I found a device named, “Creative”, and when it comes on the word, “ZEN” is on the screen. This unit also stores music, photos, and has a mic, it also has an SD card. I will charge these and see what is on them.
            I do remember carrying a couple of these when I traveled (one at a time not all at once) and I would look at the photos and videos of the grand kids usually at supper time. Eating alone in a restaurant is lonely and looking at the grand kids photos was comforting. On the air plane I could listen to my music and not the person next to me.
            Since I am boring you with all this I will continue: I have a photo viewer. It is in a frame and was made to be displayed on a desk or someplace and it would rotate through the photos you loaded into the unit. It has methods to get info into the unit and they are, SD/MMC, MS/MS DUO, XD, CF/MD, USB HOST, MINI USB. I need to find the power supply to see if it still works. The screen is 6 inch by 3.5 inch. 

Never throw anything away, it might be (antique) valuable!

Senior collector if junk; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: