Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

All about nothing 11.12.18

            I have occasionally bragged to myself and possibly to others, that I can sit down with no subject in mind, and write about nothing. It is easy to do, all one needs to do is, define nothing. When you know what nothing is, then write about it.

            Today nothing is a male subject. Age possibly early twenties. Temp outside was in the 40s. He was dressed in shorts, you know those silky kind, the ones that would be very cold in cool weather. He did have shoes on. He also had a hooded sweat shirt on with the hood up his hands were in the sweat shirt pockets as if he was cold. Anyone who would dress like that on a cool day is in my opinion, “Nothing”. 

            Subject to be announced: in December I will be sending a message that states, “If you want to keep getting emails about these posting, please let me know by the last day of December.” I know that everyone on the mailing list is not reading these posting, and I don’t want to be a bother and send emails to anyone that don’t want them.

            Did it rain last night? Well let me tell you, it did rain last night. As I lay in the Ford’s ole bed I was woken several times by the thunder. I even thought I could hear it rain a couple times but with the TV on who knows.

            This morning Tres and I went out to push the trash can to the curb. I said, trash can. I doubt that anyone has used trash cans for years now. Back in my olden day memory, we used trash cans for garbage and most of us poor folks had a barrow in the back yard to burn the paper or anything else that would burn. The garbage man, and that is what they were known as in the olden days, would physically pick up the garbage cans and dump them in the back of the garbage truck. Now I know that one of you use to refer to those containers as trash cans and the truck was a trash truck.

            Wow, I just thought, I haven’t seen a female person working as a Garbage woman!

            Oh by the way, while I was outside I also looked at the Ford’s rain gage. There was almost 3 inches of water in the gage. It did rain last night!

            Driving Gabi to school today I observed a female subject with a child walking in the bike lane on the side of the street. I guess that is a good place to walk on the heavy traffic street since there was no sidewalk on this side of that street. On my return trip, said female and child were still walking in the bike path, even though there was now a side walk.

Did this person consider the child’s safety? Did I note, the adult walked close to the curb and the child closer to the passing vehicles? Is that considered child endangerment?

they should have sidewalks near grade schools!

 

Senior rain gage monitor: Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: