Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Happy about what 11.20.18

               It did not get out of the 50s yesterday. The one good thing was no wind, or at least just a little wind. I was allowed to start early that morning and continue working until just a little before 5:00pm. Yes I was tired. I do have a comment I would like to make, and yes I have made this comment to my spouse of almost 5 decades.
            I do not enjoy working with these decorations! I do enjoy the fact that I can still do this work! Does it seem odd to, not be happy with what you are doing, but happy that you can do it!
               I see it as being “blessed” with, “The knowledge and ability to do things!
            All in all, we got a lot done yesterday. We were and are, both tired. The Grandees helped me, they carried the three wise men and other items for the manger scene from the shed to the front yard. They save me several trips and I thanked them.

            I took the photo of the rose, prior to starting that morning. Below we see the progress that Donna and I had made prior to lunch. Yes we stopped for lunch. The grand kids were hungry so we stopped work and made lunch for all.

            After the work for the day was completed, and I was sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker near the garage door, I decided to take a photo of the day’s work. We haven’t turned the lights on yet and we have not completed the work, but you can see the progress we have made.

            There will be more photos when she completes the decorations.
            Almost electrocuted yesterday. I was working on the ground, literally on my knees engaging in preparation to install the string of lights that follow the edge of the flower beds. The wire is about 25 foot long and it was plugged in. I picked up the part of the wire were I was working, there was suddenly a loud pop. I dropped everything as I was surprised. The string of lights were now out but I was still alive. After some consideration, I unplugged the wire and began to check it out. There was a broken / bare wire in the area that I had picked up.
            Needless to say, that string of lights was not installed. No, I do not believe my first wife had anything to do with the broken wire, at least I hope not. She is going to purchase another set of lights and I will thoroughly review the entire new set before attempting to install.

Now you know how my day went yesterday. I plan to rest today, at least until she gets the new set of lights.

Work not lest ye get tired!

Decoration installer; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: