Translate

Friday, November 9, 2018

It is cold 11.09.18

               The weather has decided to turn cold. Some weather people say we could hit freezing tomorrow night, others say it will be Monday or Tuesday. The problem with that cold weather is, I will need to gather the flowers that are in pots and take them to the Ford’s ole hot house. Most of that work can be done by myself, except for one container. It is large and possibly weighs 80 or more pounds. This pot is over grown with a cacti type plant. I will get help in moving it.

            I will also need to run an electrical cord out to the hot house for those cold nights. As you can see, I never have a moment to take a nap, I work all the time. Some work from sun to sun, a senior’s work is never done!

 

            A follow up to the 11/08/18 posting, I indicated I had miss calculated a measurement by 1.5 inches, and I had to cut one board a second time, and that is true.

            I was incorrect saying I cut 1.5 inches, when in truth, I cut 3 inches off the top board. The lower shelf board was the correct dimensions for the top position so I moved it there and I then cut the top board which was 3 inches too long for the lower shelf.

            Now I can see that one person is wondering why I didn’t cut some off each board. The answer is simple. I switched the boards and made one cut instead of two, less cutting, less work!

 

            This morning, Tres and I ventured outside in the cold weather to get the newspaper. As it often happens, they did not leave us a paper. Tres usually gets our paper and brings it into our house. Not seeing a paper in our yard, Tres crossed the street picked up the neighbor’s paper and brought it to our front door. I had to take the paper back across the street.

 

Get the coats out, we will need them!

 

Freeze-ologist;           Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: