Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Always under foot 11.04.18

            When you were a child, assuming you are not still a child, did your mother ever comment to the effect that, “You were always under foot”? Ok, yes I know, you were the perfect child and you were never in the way, never leaving your toys out, never playing where your mother wanted to clean, and you were never under foot! You should stop reading now, being the perfect child, you will not understand the rest of this story.
            Well I had a slightly different upbringing and I was often under foot, or at least that is what I was told by my mother. Now I can see that a couple of you are thinking that I am probably still under foot. Actually I am, but that is not what this story is about.
            I think I may be getting paid back for all the times I was in the way, “Under foot”, as a child. Don’t start assuming you know where this article is going, I do not have a problem with the grand kids being under foot. NO, it is not the three neighbor kids that have a tendency to come to the Ford’s Homestead hoping to pet Charlie. They are not in the way as their mother or father usually follow them over.
            I am talking of a true, under foot problem! Now I see you making a face thinking, “He is about to talk about how a senior person’s feet stink, or that he has foot rot.” I will not validate that comment and I hope you keep your thoughts to yourself.
            My foot problem stems from sitting here at the desk and typing into this 10 year old computer. If you have ever worked at a desk for hours at a time, you will probably know that having room to move your feet around helps you stay comfortable and sometimes having something to put your feet on, raising them only a few inches, will help make your feet feel better and keep you more productive. There are times I do not have the room, but I can put my feet a few inches above the floor.
            I have decided to present a photo that should enlighten even the non-believers among you. You may click on the photo to produce a somewhat larger version.

            That is my desk. That is also the Tres sleeping under my desk. When you have a 90 pound pot hound under your desk, you have little or no room for your feet. Finding a comfortable spot for your feet is all but impossible.
            Think about this, if my feet do stink, is it because of a pot hound laying on or around them all day?

May you have a spacious area for your feet!

Space-ologist; Don Ford                       (they only stink after a hard day’s work)

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: