Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2018

It did not work 11.03.18

            The title line says it all, the new light bulb did not work. I screwed the light bulb in and covered the photo eye with my hat and waited for a minute. The bulb did not come on. Possibly the hat did not block out all the light. I secured a black sweat shirt and used it to cover the photo eye. I waited. Nothing, the light did not work! Friday night, after it was dark and the street light was on, I again checked to see if the light had come on. The light did not come on. With a tear in my eye, (see below) I decided to retire to the Ford’s ole bed chamber and cry myself to sleep.

                                            

            Yep, a retired senior citizen purchased a light bulb that cost $16.00 and it did not work. Now I will need to purchase a new security light, take the old one down, and install the new light. Sounds like a lot of fun, not!

            Maybe I should just use the porch light next to the garage door. It don’t make as much light, but I can reach it from the ground and used regular bulbs. It is tough being on a fixed income, and needing to spend more money, there is always something taking away from the Fords food budget.

            Maybe we will find a dead deer on the side of the road that hasn’t been eaten on by the wild animals yet. That kind of road kill could offset the cost of the light bulb and provide food for a week or more.

            NOTICE: a higher authority must have taken petty on this ole senior citizen. This morning I popped out of bed as usual, prior to sun up. I always let the two cats out into the garage each morning. I open the garage door about 6 inches, which allows the cats to go and come at will, but keeps the bigger dogs and people out. As the door raised I expected to see the light from the small porch type light, but there was more light than expected. I turned off the porch light and there was still light. The security light was on! Could a higher authority have had mercy on this ole senior citizen, and influenced the light to GLOW!         

 

I couldn’t make it glow, but it glows!   Who’s blessed?

A blessed ole senior citizen; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: